First Landmark Bank offers you a variety of convenient way to access your accounts electronically—our ATM network, Online Banking and Mobile Banking. In each, your transactions are safe. We work with leading-edge technology partners to ensure that the most secure environment is made possible for our valued customers. We offer you worry-free electronic banking. You can be completely confident in the following security measures:
ONLINE BANKING via INTERNET
Our system ensures that data-exchanged between your PC and our computer networks are encrypted with 128-bit encryption, the strongest encryption available. Encryption is accomplished through Secure Sockets Layers (SSL), which utilizes mathematical formulas to “encrypt” or hide information from prying eyes on the Internet. Additionally, if SSL detects that data was added or deleted after you sent it to the bank, the connection will be severed in order to guard against any tampering. The most popular browsers have the SSL security feature included.
Your browser is an important part of the overall security measures designed to protect your internet banking transactions. To ensure you are using supported browser/system requirements,
- Click here to view Personal Online Banking minimum requirements
- Click here to view Business Online Banking minimum requirements
Our computer system does not connect directly to the Internet. It is isolated from the network via a firewall. A firewall is a combination of software and hardware products that designate parameters, controls and limits the access that outside computers have to the banks internal networks and databases. You can feel secure knowing that our firewall protects your personal information from unauthorized access.
User IDs and passwords are isolated from the Internet by being stored on First Landmark Bank’s computer. This way, the passwords and IDs cannot be accessed or downloaded by anyone on the Internet. Additionally, user passwords can vary from 8 to 16 characters, which means the chance of randomly guessing a password is less than one in one billion! To help deter fraudulent attempts to access bank accounts, the system also checks for invalid logins and automatically disallows a user after 3 invalid attempts.
You will be responsible for maintaining one of the most important security measures: your password. When you receive your online banking password, be sure to keep it a secret. Memorize it, or write it down and keep it in a safe place. It is not recommended you carry your password in your purse or wallet. Make sure no one watches you enter your password and always close your browser when leaving the computer. Make sure you regularly scan your computer for viruses that could be used to capture password keystrokes. You ultimately hold the key to your password security. We recommend that you change your password at least every ninety (90) days to increase the security of your online banking account.
Recently an additional layer of security and fraud protection has been added to help prevent identity theft. Now when you sign up for Internet banking you will be required to establish a security image and three security questions. Your security image will help to confirm that the website you are visiting is authentic and your passcodes will serve as a second layer of security to verify your identity on non-registered computers.
The same industry standards we employ to keep Online Banking secure extend to our Mobile Banking service as well.
- User name and password to confirm your identify each time you log on
- Multifactor Authentication includes your private ‘picture and pass phrase’ to protect against fraudulent ‘phishing’
- Challenge questions are asked each time you log on to the Mobile app
- Banking Sessions will Time Out after inactivity
- 128-bit Encryption to protect the transmission of data
- Account ‘nickname’ used instead of account numbers when using Text Banking
- No personal information is sent via text or stored on your devise
How you can protect yourself from unauthorized use:
- Download the mobile app from a reputable source only – such as iTunes® App Store, Amazon Appstore for Android, or Google Play for Android
- Protect your password – do not reveal it to anyone
- Memorize your password – do not keep it stored on your phone
- Make your password unique – truly safe passwords to not incorporate names, known dates, addresses, etc. If you think your access codes have been compromised, change them and contact the bank immediately.
- Never leave your mobile device unattended
- Use your phone’s built-in lock function – set a password for start-up and time-out
- Remember, a bank representative will never ask you for your PIN or password.
First Landmark Bank does not charge a fee for Online Banking or Mobile Banking and both are available to all First Landmark Bank Online Banking Customers. To pay bills using First Landmark Bank Mobile Web Banking, you must be enrolled in Online Bill Pay at our bank. Message, Data rates and/or other charges may apply per your mobile carrier contract. A supported mobile device is required to use Mobile Web or Mobile App Banking. Certain other restrictions apply. Please see Mobile Banking terms and conditions for details.
Apple, iPod and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.